Many sixth form students start their A-level courses with no clear idea about where they intend to go when they leave. The great thing about A-levels is that they are flexible and rarely commit you to any particular job or university course. To support students' decision making for the future, the Academy has an unrivalled programme to introduce them to the enormous range of opportunities that exist at 18+.
The support includes:
- A regular programme of talks, visits, lectures and activities with local and national employers.
- Visits to universities
- Support in choosing and applying for universities, including from the OAT Access Champion (who specialises in access to Russell Group Universities)
- Support and guidance in choosing and applying for apprenticeships, employment and further training
- In-house and independent careers advice
- Work-experience opportunities