GCSE Music is about performing, composing and listening to music. You will study a wide range of music including classical, popular and world music. You can perform and create music on any instrument and in any style you like. You can also choose to use music technology (such as sequencers, samplers, synthesizers, multi-track recording and DJ gear) to create and perform music.
Level 2 GCSE Music (Edexcel)
- Unit 1: Performance. You will perform two pieces on any instrument and style you like. Your performances are assessed in college, but moderated by the exam board. (30%)
- Unit 2: Composition. You will develop musical ideas in the form of two compositions or arrangements. You compositions are assessed in college, but moderated by the exam board. (30%)
- Unit 3: Listening and Appraising. This is a written exam lasting 1 hour 30 minutes, to take place in the summer term at the end of the course. This paper is externally marked. (40%)
Opportunities at CEC and Beyond
- Numerous performing, recording and self promotion opportunities.
- GCSE Music is a good preparation for further musical study such as A Level Music and A Level Music Technology.
- You may wish to go into a job where it is useful to have had experience of music. These might include careers in teaching, the music industry, publishing, entertainment and communication.
Music Technology, Drama, Media.